Renal Disease Testing
Finecare Plus Analyser & tests for the early indication of kidney disease
The Finecare Microalbumin (MAU), NGAL (Neutrophil Gelatinase-Associated Lipocalin), CYS-C (Cystatin C) & β2-MG (Beta-2-Microglobulin) tests provide rapid quantitative results to aid in the early diagnosis & treatment of kidney disease/damage.
Microalbumin tests are recommended for people with an increased risk of kidney disease, such as those with type 1 diabetes, type 2 diabetes, or high blood pressure. The Microalbumin test can also be used as an indicator of hypertension.
The emergence of CysC (Cystatin C) is an early marker of glomerular filtration membrane damage in the kidneys of patients with pathological conditions (e.g. Inflammation, metabolic disorder & immune damage).
Renal expression of NGAL increases dramatically in kidney injury from a variety of causes & NGAL is released into both urine & plasma. Urinary NGAL serves as an early marker of kidney injury.
The β2-MG (Beta-2-Microglobulin) test is used as an aid to the diagnosis of proximal renal tubule dysfunctions.
Easy to use
- No analyser calibration required.
- Virtually maintenance free analyser.
- MAU & NGAL tests only require a small aliquot of urine. CYS-C requires a small aliquot of whole blood. β2-MG requires a small aliquot of venous blood, serum or plasma.
- Familiar cassette technology.
- Rapid read times: MAU 3 minutes, CYS-C 5 minutes, β2-MG 10 minutes, NGAL 15 minutes.
- 25 test kit for low usage sites.
- Room temperature storage.
- Long shelf life.
- Linear ranges: MAU 5-300mg/L, CYS-C 0.2-10mg/L, NGAL 10-1,500ng/ml, β2-MG 0.3-20mg/L.
- Wide range of tests are available on the Finecare Plus Analyser.
- Laboratory standard results.
- Automated reading eliminates subjectivity & administrative errors.
- Simple technology = reliable technology.